DESIGN

DESIGN

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Where is the Sandman???

     I love a good nights rest....who doesn't?  Lately I have  not been able to sleep and I really want to.  I need the Sandman to come back!  Have you heard of the Sandman?  If you have not let me try and explain the folklorish character from my childhood.  When I was a child my parents were either really creative or just typical parents who tell you stuff (lies) and then you grow and realize everything you thought was true was not so.  I like to think of it as them being creative and I am lucky to have those fond memories. 

     When I was little I remember waking up at some point and my mom brushing the crusty grit sand sand like grain out of the corner of my eye.  I remember asking her what it was and why I had it in my eye each morning.  She told me it was because the Sandman had visited me as he does each night.  I remember being old enough to know that it was not okay to let some stranger into the house at night and why would my parents let him put sand in my eyes.  I always pictured the Sandman as an old man, grandfatherish.  She said the sand was to put me to sleep and I remember waking up each morning to see if he had been to visit and he had.  I wish he would come and visit me. 

     I am not sleeping probably because I have too many things running through my mind.  As I have gotten older I have noticed that I get excited over anything new and fun in my life.  I know, I know you are thinking there is nothing wrong with being excited.  I use to think so as well, but now I cannot shut things down at night.  I am constantly thinking about all the things I want to do, make and the places I want to visit.  I have been crocheting like crazy, my list is endless.  I wish I had eight sets of arms and then maybe, just maybe I could complete more. 

     Lastnight I was working on my swap project and it finally is starting to look like I am making progress. I figure if I keep doing at least two rows a night for  maybe a week if that I will be done!  I dropped off my application lastnight to become a Notary Public at my local Senators office.  This is not a big deal but a little exciting.  Then of course there is my car issue.  My car is in the shop today and hopefully does not cost too much.  It could possibly be the flex pipe.  You are probably thinking what is a flex pipe? Well its the piece underneath in the front that gives your car that give when you bottom out, hit a pot hole or something hard.  Nothing like unexpected repairs!  I am just happy to know that when things seem to be low and not good, someone else has it worse unfortunately.  I am grateful for what I do have and for those that I can control. 

1 comment:

  1. I can be exactly the same and whenI started to crochet lots last autumn I was waking up from dreams about making stitches and just thinking about what I was going to make generally!
    Have come across your blog thru Rav and the meet up in the Lucy group. I look forward to a look around your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete