DESIGN

DESIGN

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ripple Progress and other yummy things

Here is my Lucy Ripple so far...I may have messed up my flow of colors. Grr...oh well.
It makes me smile and happy.  I do not know why I waited to make myself a blanket.  I think I was trying to fight the color urge.  Ever since I was a little girl these colors have always drawn me in.  I cannot wait until I can wrap myself up and be cozy warm. That makes my heart happy.  I have nine more colors to go and then start it all over again.  That should be plenty big enough. 
I did it, I did it, I did it!  I bought my first big girl yarn!  I say this because I have never really spent to much on yarn.  I never saw the point of it and honestly could never justify spending more than $5 dollars on a skein of yarn.  The picture does not do this yummy yarn justice.  I decided last weekend that I wanted to make lucys hand warmers and kept thinking do I do them in a happy rainbow? or do I make them out of something else.  Then I came face to face with this yarn and I knew this was going to become my hand warmers.  A little about the yarn, it is called MANOS silk blend, it is from Uraguay also known as the hands of Uraguay.  They are a non profit organization which assembles over 400 artisans in cooperatives scattered throughout the countryside of Uraguy.  Their aim is to bring economic and social opportuniites to rural women.  I like that!  I cannot wait to share my hand warmers...so stay tuned.

   
                                                                         This past saturday we got a snowstorm.  I love not having to go anywhere and any reason to bake.  I also go to use my awesome kitchenaid mixer that is also in my favorite color!  It is so pretty I could just stare at it all day long.  So I crocheted on saturday and made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies.  They were super fantabulous!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, can't see where you've messed up....it's looking lovely.
    Lovely to "meet" you and looking forward to more posts.
    xx

    ReplyDelete